* We’re nominated for an award. Skip to the bottom of this post to vote for us in the Amara Interior Blog Awards! Or click here.*
It’s no secret that things have been a bit quiet around here lately.
It’s not because we’ve been lazy (okay, so maybe a bit but I blame the hot hot hot weather) or because we’ve not been doing any improvement (we have loads to share – more soon). If I’m completely honest, it’s because we’ve been feeling a bit lost.
There’s no denying that moving across Europe from Manchester to Berlin was a huge step and we always knew it would bring a lot of changes with it.
As much as we’re very slowly starting to get used to our new lives, we have come to realise that Berlin will not be the forever destination that we thought it might be. I’m pretty sure that spending way too much time on Rightmove (or the equivalent in random other countries) is a good indication!
So, what’s next?
Honestly, I don’t know!
Berlin is a fabulously vibrant city with so much to discover that it can sometimes feel overwhelming (in a good way). We’ve been making an effort to do one new thing every weekend (more on that, soon!) and we’re still excited about seeing lots of exciting new things.
We’re not in a rush to make any big decisions about our future but we have decided that in the long term we probably won’t stay in Germany.
In the short term and even mid-term, there will be no changes in our lives or on the blog and most importantly, regular blogging service will resume from now on. Our plans for the (very) long-term are a different matter.
At the moment, we have no idea what will happen. We’ve been looking at destinations to move to like we’re looking at somewhere for a two week holiday. Currently on our list of options are Melbourne, Siem Reap, Costa Rica and Amsterdam (although some destinations are more serious than others!).
Are we losing our minds? Or are we slap bang in the middle of a midlife crisis?
Well, quite possibly! Either way, I guess you could say we have no idea what we’re doing or even when we’ll be doing it!
So what’s the plan? Well, that’s where things get difficult. We don’t actually really know.
So, here’s what we do know.
- As much as we love Berlin, we don’t enjoy living in Germany and will be moving.
- We will finish our apartment renovations (or at least get very close to) and next on our list is a full-on guest bathroom makeover (we’ll be sharing our makeover plans soon)!
- We do like the idea of dropping everything and moving to somewhere new and starting a completely different and new adventure (although I’m not sure we’ll have the balls to do so).
- We’re in no rush and as much as we know that Germany isn’t the country for us, we want to make sure that we make the right choices when we do finally make a decision!
- For now, nothing will change except that we’ve got our mojo back and we’ll be tackling some big and exciting home improvements soon! We’ll also be sharing our regular home updates here on the blog and Instagram (which I’ve also been ignoring).
As you can see, there are a lot of uncertainties ahead of us!
I know that we’ve not been in Berlin for a long time but ultimately, there’s no point in sticking with something that in your heart you know isn’t right. We’re excited about what lies ahead even if we have no idea what that is!
We’re even more excited to announce that we’ve been nominated for an Amara Interior blog award!
It’s such an honour and I’m so grateful to whoever took the time to nominate us! Being up for an award is probably the one big thing that has kickstarted our motivation again.
We’re nominated in the Best DIY & Home Improvement Blog category which is for blogs that tackle large-scale DIY projects and share helpful do it yourself tips (we hope we do!) so we think this category is pretty perfect for us, don’t you agree?!
As always, there are some fantastic other blogs nominates, and to make it to the shortlist would be a huge honour. So, if we’ve ever shared anything that’s helped you with your DIY projects, we’d love your vote!
Voting only takes seconds and it would mean so much to us to make the shortlist! You can even win yourself a camera just by voting for your favourite blog!
The awards are also a great place to discover new blogs in all sorts of different categories. So, even if you don’t fancy voting for us – you should of course! ;) – it’s a great place to find some fab new blogs to follow.
To vote all you have to do is pop over to our page on the Amara Interior Blog Awards site and enter your name and email address. It only takes seconds and would mean a lot to us!
Oh, and if you’d like to check out some of our DIY posts here are some of our favourites!
Don’t forget to vote!
Thank you! x