I don’t know about you, but at the moment we need every bit of motivation to get even the smallest things done. We’ve definitely all been at home for way too long!
So, in an attempt to at least getting our home looking as good as possible, we’ve set ourselves a 30 day spring cleaning challenge and we’d like you to come along on the journey, too.
To help with this challenge, we’ve created a free printable spring cleaning checklist that you can download to help stay motivated and on track while tackling lots of the jobs that we all never seem to get round to doing!
30 Day Spring Cleaning Checklist
Get your free 30 day spring cleaning checklist and join the challenge to give your home a deep-clean in just 30 days!
Share your progress and results! Tag us @littlehouseonthecorner so that we can support and motivate each other!
There never seem to be enough hours in the day and having a checklist will hopefully make it much easier to stay on track and actually get stuff done.
This 30 day challenge covers all of the jobs that don’t tend to get done on a day-to-day basis or the things we tend to ignore and forget.
If you’d like an easy checklist for all of the jobs that have to be done regularly, we have a fab checklist for that, too! It’s actually our most popular download – ever!
We created this cleaning checklist a couple of years ago and still use it all of the time! There’s even a new and updated version that you can now completely edit and personalise to include all of your cleaning tasks!
Ultimate Customizable Cleaning Checklist
This is the checklist that you need to keep your home clean! Clean, tick, wipe, repeat! This cleaning checklist is completely customizable and you can adjust the cleaning tasks to suit your home!
But back to the 30 day spring cleaning challenge
We’ll be sharing our progress over on Instagram and we’d love if you’d join us in the spring cleaning challenge, too! Share your progress with and tag us @littlehouseonthecorner so that we can support and motivate each other to get stuff done!
How do you actually use this free printable spring cleaning checklist?
It really couldn’t be easier! All you have to do is download the free printable cleaning checklist and start cleaning. There’s no particular order to the tasks, just pick one a day, do it and tick it off the list!
Yep, it’s really that simple!
We’ll be starting our cleaning challenge on the 1st April but just join in whenever works for you! And if you don’t have one of the things listed on the checklist in your home… just take a day off – you’ve earned it!
Here are the jobs to get done during this 30 day spring cleaning challenge:
- Microwave | Give it a good clean, inside and out!
- Oven | If you have an oven with pyrolitic cleaning, lucky you! Otherwise, you’ll probably need a bit of good old elbow grease!
- Fridge & Freezer | Clear out any old food and give all surfaces a good wipe and clean. Now’s also a good time to defrost your freezer, too!
- Kettle/Coffee machine | Get out the descaler and give your appliances a good descale!
- Hob | Give it a thorough clean to remove any grime
- Door handles/Knobs | Give them all a wipe with an anti-bacterial wipe. If you have brass handles, you might want to check out our amazing brass cleaning hack. It’s like magic!
- Windows | This is probably a big job but you’ll feel so much better when they are done! Don’t feel like you have to take on too much, though – split it over a couple of days if you have a lot of windows!
- Books | Give them all a propper dust and while you’re at it have a sort out, too! Can any of them be donated or sold?
- Makeup & Jewellery | You may have to take some jewellery to be professionally cleaned. Go through your make up and test to see if it all still looks fresh and hasn’t dried out.
- Medicine Cabinet | We always find out of date medicine in our medical storage box! Go through everything and discard anything that’s past its use-by date!
- Outdoor Furniture | Hopefully, some good weather will be just around the corner. Get your outside space looking great and give your outdoor furniture a good clean so it’s ready to use!
- Pantry | Have a sort out and discard anything that’s past its use-by date. Wipe down the shelves and cupboards before putting everything back.
- Car | Give it a clean inside and out.
- Rugs/Carpets | Steam clean, wash or just shake out any dirt. Now’s the time to give your rugs a bit of extra TLC.
- Rubbish Bins | Your bins probably need more cleaning than just once a year but now’s the time to give them a really thorough clean.
- Curtains/ Blinds | Steam clean, wash or vacuum your curtains and give any blinds a wipe with a damp cloth.
- Fireplace | It’s probably not going to get much use until the autumn, so now’s the time to give it a really thorough clean. Don’t forget to not let water near cast iron. Use WD40 instead.
- Clothes | Have a good sort out and donate or sell anything you no longer wear.
- Garage | Give your garage a once-over, declutter and clean.
- Sofas & Armchairs | Lift all cushions, vacuum down the sides and clean underneath them, too!
- Bathroom Cabinets | Declutter any supplies you no longer use and give everything a wipe before putting anything back.
- Mattress | Flip your mattress
- Computer | The amount of dirt that collects on keyboards and computers is astounding. Give everything a wipe and clean (obviously be careful not to damage anything!). You may also want to invest in a can of air which is great for getting rid of dust and dirt in hard to reach spots.
- Kitchen Cabinets & Drawers | Empty everything, wipe the cupboards and drawers and then put everything back again.
- Picture Frames | Give any frames a proper dust (don’t forget the top) and clean the glass.
- Skirting Boards | Wipe down any skirting boards with a damp cloth.
- Light Fixtures & Fittings | Wipe down any lamps and bulbs – don’t forget to turn off the electricity first!
- Washing Machine/Dryer | Clean any filters and use a washing machine cleaner to give the machine a deep-clean.
- Garden Tools | If you didn’t do this in autumn, now’s the time to give your garden tools a clean to make sure they’re ready to use all through the summer season!
- Extractor Hood | Give it a wipe and clean the filter.
That sounds like a lot but one small task a day should be easily achievable. Go on, give yourself a push to get the things done that you’ve been ignoring!
Don’t forget to share your progress with the hashtag #30daystoclean so that we can keep each other motivated! You can follow us on Instagram here!
Are you finding it difficult to stay motivated, too? Do you love a good checklist as much as we do? What do you find motivates you to get stuff done?