Over the last few days we’ve been sharing some quick and easy DIY Christmas gift ideas. On Monday we shared how to make some fun DIY concrete letters and on Wednesday we shared a how to make some DIY Christmas Tree Decorations.
Today we’re sharing a fab DIY Honey and Sesame Scrub. This is a great scrub if you’re looking for a quick and easy last minute gift. You only need a few ingredient and I know that I’d love to receive a pot of scrub any day!
Earlier this year we treated ourselves to a trip to Cambodia. We had a fantastic time and as well as seeing some fantastic sights and eating amazing food, we treated ourselves to a lot of lovely messages. Infact the only thing we regret about the holiday is that we didn’t have one every day! pizza dough As well as all of the massages, I also had the most amazing honey and sesame body scrub and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since.
Right after arriving back I made my own version and whilst it’s not quite the same as having a luxury scrub in a tropical location, this scrub is still a lovely treat and leaves you with silky soft skin.
If you’ve ever had a body scrub you know that they can sometimes be really harsh. I can remember one scrub that actually hurt – not exactly a relaxing experience. This honey & sesame scrub is really gentle, but it still works really well at exfoliating and leaves your skin really soft.
This is what you will need:
- Jar (we used these jars from Ikea)
- Sesame seeds – ideally a mixture of white and black, but you can just use one kind. We bought our black sesame seeds at a chinese supermarket. They make no difference to the scrub and are purely for adding a different colour.
- Olive Oil
- Clear Honey
- Almond Oil (this is the almond oil that we used)
- Label (you can download our label here)
- Optional: Ribbon or any other embellishments
This is how to make the DIY Honey And Sesame Scrub:
- Weigh out the ingredients in a bowl that’s large enough to hold everything. This is the quantity that will fill one 250g jar. You can of course multiply the amount depending on how many jars you want to fill.
- 20g White sesame seeds
- 10g Black sesame seeds
- 40g Honey
- 5g Olive Oil
- 10g Almond Oil
2. Mix all of the ingredients together.
It should form a thick and gooey paste. When the ingredients are well combined fill the scrub into your jars.
3. Print the label and stick it to the jar. You can download our labels here.
4. We added a bit of ribbon to the top, but that’s of course totally optional.
That’s all there is to it. I told you it was quick and easy! As well as being simple to make they only cost around £2.00 each – including the jar!
We’ve had the mixture in the jar for a good few months now and it’s still as good as it was the first day. The sesame seeds don’t go soft so still give you a great scrub without without being too harsh to your skin.
This scrub works great as it is, but I personally like to warm it slightly in the microwave for a few seconds. It just give it that extra bit of indulgence. (If you use the same jar as us, just don’t leave the lid on!) Warming the mixture slightly is also great in making it slightly more liquid if the honey should crystallise a bit.
Do you make your own Christmas gifts? Do you have a favourite kind of scrub – what is it?