As well as tidying the garden this weekend, we also took care of some other outdoor maintenance issues.
We replaced the silicone seal around the window of our second bedroom which had more or less disintegrated. We already learned how to do this when we replaced the silicone seal around our bathtub.
We started by cleaning the area and removing any loose paint on the window sill.
Then Jan applied the silicone in the same way we applied it in the bathroom.
While he was up on the ladder
I made him, he decided to also paint the exterior bedroom window sill.
And I painted the window sill in the dining room below. This is what it looked like before starting work.
This is the window sill about halfway through painting. We hadn’t realized how much the original black paint had faded until we started to repaint the window sills. It’s such a quick and easy thing to do, but it makes such a difference.
Here are the before and after side by side shots for you.
It’s unbelievable what a difference painting a stone window sill can make to the appearance of the house, especially since it only took us about an hour to repaint both window sills and renew the silicone.