With all of our DIY efforts, we like to make our life as easy as possible. As our epic staircase restoration project (you can see the result here) probably shows, we’re not ones for taking short cuts.
Every now and then you accidentally stumble upon something new or read about something that makes your life so much easier.
These are our top 5 favourite quick tips that will hopefully make your life just a tiny bit easier, too!
1. Wrap your paintbrush in some cling film while taking a break or between applying coats of paint. It’ll keep the paint moist and save you time and money by not constantly having to wash out your brush. Don’t leave it in there too long though! It’s only good for a shortish break.
2. Stick some paper to the wall with masking tape before drilling a hole. This works great If you are on your own and don’t have someone to hold a vacuum cleaner. Make a little fold into the paper and all the dirt and dust will collect.
3. To stop smooth and silky clothes slipping of your coat hanger just wrap a rubber band around each end. Your clothes will then “stick” to the elastic bad and not slip of the edge.
4. I’m sure you’ve all been there, too. You have a jar, bottle or some other container that you desperately want to open, but just can’t get the lid to budge. I accidentally discovered this trick and it’s worked every time since. Just place a rubber glove over the lid and turn. The rubber will grip the lid and stay stuck and make it so much easier to turn. Give it a try, it works so well!
5. Save time by covering your paint tray with a plastic bag before adding paint. You can use the tray the same way as always, but when you are finished you can just remove the dirty, paint-covered bag and the tray is clean as always. Let’s be honest, it’s enough work just washing the brush without having to wash the tray, too!
Do you have any time saving tips for us? Do you also like to make your life as easy as possible for yourself?