With my sister and family visiting us at the moment we’ve really not had much time for our usual DIY attempts. We have however been up to a bit of okay, a lot shopping in the last few days.
Being out and about has been a nice change from our usual, dust covered selves and has also given us a change to eye up some pretty things for around the house.
You all already know that we’d like a new kitchen and we shared some of our ideas for the dining room and kitchen with you last week. You can read more about our plan here. While we are still a long way of completing or even starting the work, it’s nice to sometimes fantasize about some of the pretty things we’d eventually like in and around the space.
- We’d love a Kitchen Aid, especially this Candy Apple Red version. We do a bit of baking and also usually make our own bread, so with would come is useful as well as adding a splash of colour to the kitchen.
- We all have to do our bit for the environment and what better way to improve the eco footprint of our own homes than fitting this amazingly stylish pendant by Graypants. Not only do they look fantastic, they also have great eco credentials as they are made entirely from recycled cardboard boxes.
- We don’t have a clock in the kitchen at the moment, so this fun edition would not only be really fun (the woodpecker moves and pecks away at the tree) it would be really useful, too!
- Okay, strictly speaking this Microsoft Surface tablet is more of a general item than something just for the kitchen, but it would be such a cool way to store and view recipes.
- The second I saw them, I couldn’t help fall in love with these Pegzini circus pegs. They’re just so fun and almost seem to use for the washing.
- Feeling like you need a healthier lifestyle? I think I’d be having carrot shavings on everything if I had this funky carrot sharpener & peeler.
- We love the Series 7 Arne Jacobsen Chairs. We’d like to eventually change the chairs we currently have around the dining room table and would love to add something colourful. Maybe even each chair in a different colour?
Do you have a never-ending wish list, too? What’s your top must have kitchen gadget?