With the new year is already in full swing (how can January already be almost over?!), it’s about high time that we actually started to tackle a few of our lofty goals for the year.
We have so many projects planned for this year, but on a more personal level one thing we’d also like to do is travel more. The goal is to have a holiday a month. We know that sounds like a lot, but we’re not planning on full blown holidays in the sun (although that would be nice!) we’re thinking more along the lines of a weekend break or a night or two at friends. We love DIY and love to tackle projects around the house, but over the last four years in our home, we’ve realised that what keeps us motivated best is to have a complete change of scenery every now and then.
Last weekend we took our first trip of the year to Germany to attend the Christening of my gorgeous niece. Because we had a load of gifts with us (and we decided to buy a new toilet whilst there) we decided to take the overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam instead of flying.
1. Jan and me with my gorgeous new niece / 2. The Christening cake / 3. A few cheeky drinks in the bar on the ferry / 4. Captain Jan / 5. Currywurst Pommes Mayo, do I need to say more – delicious! / 6. Our (not so luxurious) premier cabin on the crossing
It was only a short trip, but it was nice to see some friends & family and just get away from the day to day things.
And here are a few more things that we’re liking at the moment:
- We were interviewed over at Regal Paints – you can see what we had to say here.
- Aren’t these the qutest little closhes that you’ve ever seen?
- Surely everyone would love brussles sprouts if they were like this!
- We shared a quick sparkly diy project over at Wayfair.
- This timelapse video is amazing.
- I love cheese.
Do you have any goals of resolutions for 2015? Are you also planning to travel more this year? What keeps you motivated?