With our guest bedroom very slowly starting to take shape, we’ve to think about what we’d eventually like the room to look like.
In general we’d like the room to have a calming and relaxing feel with the odd splash of colour. Here’s a few of our thoughts so far.
- We’re thinking of a painting the walls whitish colour. Maybe something like James White by Farrow & Ball.
- After seeing how well our floorboards in the hallway turned out, we’re really keen on sanding the ones in our bedroom, too. We think they’ll work well with the soft white walls and with our existing wardrobe.
- We love our antique wardrobe. Jan’s aunt and uncle kindly gave it to us when we moved into our house. It’s definitely going to take pride of place in the bedroom.
- We’re thinking of possibly updating the bed we have in the room. We bought one of the cheapest ones we could find when we moved in and aren’t overly happy with it. We love the Hemnes bed from Ikea, but are thinking we may attempt to upgrade the one we already have.
- A throw like this Red Cotton Throw would add a fun splash of colour to the otherwise very neutral theme without being overpowering.
- This is the restored Edwardian fireplace that’s currently in our dining room. We bought it with the intention of someday installing it in the bedroom. Amazingly it’s the actual Edwardian fireplace design that would have been there originally.
- We think every room should have a mirror and our spare bedroom is no exception. I love this round Reclaimed Teak Mirror (found on Polyvore) I’m not sure about introducing another type of wood in the room though.
There’s still loads of work to finish off in the bedroom before we can actually start decorating, but it’s great to see the room starting to take shape.
Is there a must have item that belongs in every bedroom?