If you caught our recent post where we shared our plans for our Airbnb room you’ll probably already have seen that one of the things we’d like to add to our guest bedroom is a small desk area for people to be able to do a bit of work and have a place where they can store some of their things.
Although we’ll be opting for a DIY desk (we’ll be sharing our new desk as soon as we’ve finished building it) I couldn’t help getting carried away and having a look at some of the gorgeous desk options available. Best of all, you don’t even have to spend a fortune to get a lovely desk.
Here’s our top 8 selection of friendly desks under £500:
1. My favourite of all of these desks is this lovely oval shaped Penelope desk by West Elm (available at John Lewis for £399). It has such a lovely classic and elegant feel. I love the curviness of it and the marble top gives it an extra touch of luxury. Out of all desks, we’ve chosen, it’s by far the smallest so it may not be suitable for everyone.
2. I love the look of this modern oak desk by Habitat (for £295). The crossed legs add interested and give it a delicate and elegant look and it has the bonus of two drawers to hide clutter, too.
3. I still can’t get enough of mid-century furniture and this mid-century wall desk is both beautiful and practical. Let’s face it, you can never have enough storage and the mid-century style wall desk by West Elm (it’s reduced to £479 at the moment) ticks all of the boxes. It’s stylish, practical and has a cupboard to store things.
4. It’s no secret that I love to hide clutter so the Cupertino desk by BoConcept just had to make it onto the list (even it’s it’s slightly about the £500 limit). It has lots of different storage pockets which make it easy to keep your workspace tidy and organised at the same time. Perfect for someone as OCD about a clean workspace as I am!
5. This lovely ash desk (It’s Grayson desk by John Lewis and on offer at the moment for £279) has a work space that you can extend by pulling it out and has two little compartments to store paperwork. This desk also has a fab cover that you can pull over your workspace when you’ve finished for the day – another perfect desk for someone like me who loves to hide clutter!
6. There are so many desks I’m loving at West Elm at the moment and this modern Jenson desk (on offer for £319 at the moment) is another of my favourites. The shape of the wooden legs is just gorgeous and the glass top gives it a light and airy look. I’ve had a glass desk for years and love it as it’s fantastic and smooth surface for drawing and making things.
7. The Darcey desk by Made.com (for £399) is another desk where the legs are a fab feature. They look like they’re defying gravity and give the desk a quirky yet contemporary feel. The top of the desk is made of a lovely rich walnut and has two practical drawers, too!
8. Who doesn’t love a bit of copper? This Copper and glass desk (it’s by Made.com and costs £249) is so light and airy. I’m a minimal kind of person which is probably why I love this one so much. Because it’s so light and airy, it’s perfect if you don’t have much space.
I can’t wait to share our finished DIY desk with you! It’s so close to being finished and we already know that the total cost of it will be less than £100! Definitely a super budget-friendly project!
Which is your favourite desk? What does your ideal workspace look like? Do you love to hide clutter as much as I do?