If you’ve been following us for a while, you’ll already know that we like to share all aspects of DIY around here.
We really enjoy renovating our home but there are also more than a few occasions where things don’t go plan or where DIY has a tendency to take over your life or, if not your life, at least your whole home.
I know that things in Blogworld always seem so upbeat and perfect so, in an attempt to keep things real, we’re sharing a few bits of behind the scenes footage. Don’t worry – it’s not all miserable!
Most of the last few weeks have revolved around our bathroom makeover. If I’m completely honest, I’d already planned on being about halfway through our planned pantry makeover but I guess we should have known better and things always take much longer than you expect!
So, if you’re wondering what we’ve been up to over the last few weeks and why things are taking so long here are a few things that have been going on around here lately (some of which have been distracting us from DIY)!
- We celebrated our 15 year anniversary in Ljubljana! You can read about our lovely tip here!
- We’ve been really sporty – we’ll kind of – we visited a football match and went to an ice hockey game. We did do something a bit sporty though and went ice skating in one of the many ice rinks in Berlin. We’d not been in years so it was a rather wobbly but fun experience!
- I painted the bathroom but it took 5 coats of paint to end up with a patch-free wall – not one of our finest painting moments. We’re currently adding the finishing touches to our bathroom including some new DIY ladder shelves and a new washbasin and cabinet! We’ll share everything as soon as we’re finished.
- We nipped to the other side of Germany to spend a fun weekend with some fab friends in Düsseldorf and got to spend lots of time walking with their gorgeous dog.
- I found the most amazing used furniture store – ever! Sadly it also came with pretty amazing price tags, too.
- We got to spend a night in one of our favourite hotels in Berlin! (You can read the full post about our stay here!)
Things we’re looking forward to…
- Jan’s brother and family are visiting us at the weekend and we’re looking forward to spending some fun time with them and our nephews!
- We’re off to Hamburg in a couple of weeks for some fun time with friends.
- We’re trying to plan a holiday but can’t agree on the destination. Luxury problems, I know, but it’ll be the first proper holiday since moving in and we’re in desperate need of some sunshine! (If you have any recommendations, we’d love to hear them!)
- And here’s a really sneaky preview – I’ve seen a house we’d love to buy! It’s probably not going to happen – it’s missing a wall and the roof has collapsed – but hey, where would the fun be in something without a challenge.
What have you been up to lately? Are you craving spring and some sunshine like we are? Where would you recommend we go on holiday? Do you also find that DIY projects take much longer than you expect?