It’s chaos as usual around here and the last few weeks we’ve been travelling so much that it’s been almost impossible to get any home improvement work done.
We got the train over to the other side of Germany to visit my sister in her new house and spent some time with our gorgeous nephews and nieces, then we headed off to Spain for a long weekend and we’re just back from a long weekend back in Manchester!
We’ll be spending Christmas in our new home in Berlin so it was really nice to take time out to see friends and family.
We’ve also finally managed to do a bit more exploring in Berlin. There’s just so much to discover and with day to day life usually taking over, it’s nice to take some time out and discover new things where we now live, too!
The Christmas Markets have just opened and we’re visiting as many of them as we can (apparently there are about 80 different ones just in Berlin!) but we’ve also found time to tick a few touristy boxes like the Berlin Cathedral, the Neues Museum and a street art tour of Berlin (this is the tour we did and I’d totally recommend it!), too.
Although it sometimes seems like we’re the slowest DIYers ever, there has been a lot going on behind the scenes, too. We’re much further along with planning some of our bigger projects, the guest bedroom/Airbnb room is almost finished and we’re finally scheduled to receive a quicker internet connection which means I’ll finally be able to rejig the living room layout! Yay!
The only big thing missing before we can open our Airbnb are some curtains which is turning out to be a lot more difficult than we’d expected. They’re just sooooo expensive!
The quote we got back just for the guest bedroom is well over 2000€! I think it’s back to the drawing board for now!
Here are a few other things that I’m loving at the moment:
- We’re still working on our makeover plans for our kitchen (more next week!) and I’m definitely getting a bit carried away. Our makeover is only temporary but I’d love something like this amazing dark kitchen. Isn’t it just gorgeous?!
- I love a good mulled wine around this time of year! Here’s our recipe for the probably best mulled wine you’ll ever make!
- Last weekend we visited a lovely craft and handmade market and the good news is that the X-mas Designmarkt is on again this weekend! Definitely worth checking out if you’re in Berlin!
- Did you see that we were featured over on Apartment Therapy? Yep! Our guest bedroom (in our last home) was featured in their Before & After section!
- If you’re still looking for the perfect Christmas table setting there are 15 gorgeous and inspiring dinner table decor ideas over on The Lux Pad and we shared one of our favourite festive tables, too!
Are you already prepared for Christmas? What’s your favourite time of year? Dos real life often interfere with all of your plans and DIY projects, too?