[Ad – This post is in collaboration with SuperBath. All opinions, thoughts & words are always our own]
We’re slowly working our way through our new apartment and are giving our space a few much-needed updates.
As much as we’d love to carry out all improvements right now, most of the projects we’re doing are aimed at improving our immediate living conditions by making a lot of small improvements but in the long term, there are some big changes we’d like to make around here.
We need a new kitchen, we’d like to knock down & move walls and we’re even thinking about adding a second balcony.
One of the improvements I’m looking forward to most is replacing the bathroom which at the moment is really bland and boring.
Ultimately we would like to rip out the complete bathroom and renew everything but for now, we’re planning a few fairly minor changes that we’ll hopefully be able to achieve quite easily. As it’s currently our only bathroom as little upheaval as possible has got to be a good thing!
To keep this temporary makeover as budget-friendly as possible we’ll try to keep as much of the existing bathroom as we can. We’ll keep the tiles, the bath, and toilet (although there’s the possibility of replacing it if it’s easy) but would like to replace the washbasin, taps and shower system.
1. + 2. Our current washbasin is fine but it’s unnecessarily large and more importantly, it doesn’t allow for any storage – which is the biggest issue we have in this room. We’d like to replace the washbasin with something like this gorgeous countertop washbasin which I think will look really modern and stylish in our bathroom. It’ll also allow us to add some much-needed storage with the vanity unit below.
3. To go with our lovely new washbasin and vanity unit we would obviously also need a new tap. As we’re aiming for a modern bathroom we’ll definitely be opting for a single-lever tap like this tall one which can be positioned on the counter.
4. The update I’m most looking forward to is replacing the shower. Don’t get me wrong, the one we have is perfectly fine but it is very basic and the quality isn’t great. I would love to have a super large shower head for that glamorous feel. I absolutely love this luxury one by Grohe and can already imagine myself spending way too much time in the bathroom!
5. + 6. + 7. We already own the Keuco toilet roll holder and towel rail which we love but we’re desperate to add a shower tray to keep all of our shampoos and gels stored neatly instead of on the edge of the bath.
8. + 9. I know that I said we wouldn’t be replacing the toilet but I’d love to change the one we have if it’s something we can easily do. We actually already have this Stark 3 toilet and the Grohe flush plate which we bought for our last home but never got round to installing it. At the moment, the toilet is floor mounted and because the space is fairly narrow I find myself lying on the toilet to be able to clean behind it. A wall-hung toilet is definitely the way forward.
All of these things should hopefully be easy to update but would all make a big impact on the way the bathroom looks and functions! Best of all, we’ll be able to keep all of these updates even when we finally get round to completely renewing the bathroom. Everything we’ve chosen is high quality and we’ll just refit everything when we finally do update the room. Easy, right?!
What would your dream bathroom look like? Do you also find that your bathroom doesn’t have enough storage?